Thursday, May 3, 2012

She Never Lets Me Get My Heart-Rate Up Enough To Call It Excersise

Abby tells me she's a really good trash hunter...and she's right, she is! Most days when it's not raining, we go for walk on the just over a mile circuit of our neighborhood. We have a sit and stand stroller, which means that Olive gets a seat with a view in the front, and Abby can either sit or stand in the back. It also means that she can get in and out pretty easily.
I don't know how many of you ever go on walks with a 4-year-old, but it can fall apart pretty quickly if they actually have to...you know, walk. Ha-ha-ha! So this set up works really nicely for me as it gives them some fresh air and sunshine and I get to do more moving around than laundry and vacuuming allow. I've learned though, that I need to take a bag with me. My neighbor made a joke that it was for picking up poo if the girls had an accident, which got us talking for a minute about Abby's obsession with picking up trash. She says our neighbors are being naughty throwing all this trash on the ground, and I thank her for being a good citizen.

The pace of our walks is terrible. We (Olive and I) do a lot of standing and waiting, starting and stopping. Sometimes we find some kind of gross stuff. Often we have to walk past the soggy, shredded advertisement "newspapers" that are all over the fronts of driveways and yards. Sometimes we have to carry back pocket fulls of junk because we forgot a bag...But it's so nice to spend the time in the sun, teaching good citizenship to my industrious little girls. Being a stay-at-home dad with them is pretty awesome.

Until next time, take care and be good!

Your friend,
Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment