Saturday, February 5, 2011

Abby's new "dress"


Due to the snow I had three and a half days off of school last week.  It was a wonderful impromptu vacation with the family.  Both Jeffrey and I got some work done, and we all got lots of playing and cuddle time!  It was pretty much awesome.

I also took a break from making things for other people to make something for Abigail.  Jeffrey fell in love with the idea of a pinafore.  This is basically an apron that looks like a dress; it really is pretty cute.  So Wednesday night I went to work on it.  I haven't made too many pieces of clothing, so every one is a new adventure.  This pattern was fairly easy to follow, and I got to make my first attempt at gathering.  I think it turned out pretty well.  The only problem is that now Jeffrey wants five more for her.


Abigail loves her "beautiful dress."  Apparently it is a perfect compliment to her clompy shoes coming down the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment