Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Say It Every Year...

Every year, I say I'm going to start my big personal projects earlier...I'm going to finish them earlier...Every. Year. Then, I spend most of September through November apologizing for having too much other work to get it done, and I feel like I look like a flake here on the blog. Enough of the apologizing for now, though. I want to show you all some of what I've been working on, and I also have a couple of progress shots (in varying stages of doneness) from the calendar to show you.
 
We do a lot of shows, and I spend part of the time there working on small commissions like these drawings and coloring in marker. They're quick(ish), fun, and something that I can do on the go. Most of these were done a couple of weeks ago at the Archon St Louis Sci-fi/Fantasy and gaming convention in Collinsville, IL.
One of my recent larger commissions was for a gift from a bride to her groom. Apparently, he'd proposed to her in a haunted house, so it was only fitting that they be chased by zombies on their wedding day. Ha-ha-ha!
The inked crow from the Fox and the Crow story.
And the fox, in ink and color. 
And the color "flats" for the calendar illustration. I thought this story would work really well as a shadow puppet style illustration.
And finally, the inked characters for the "Emperors New Clothes" illustration. Ha-ha-ha!

Well, it's been great stopping for a minute to chat, but I have a ton of work on my desk, and it's not going to do itself. Until next time, take care and be good!
Your friend,
Jeffrey

2 comments:

  1. The inked crow is beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith! When I was inking it I had one of those "I feel like a real, live illustrator" moments. It's funny how we can be professionals for so long, but still feel like we're fooling everyone most of the time. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete